Welcome to Literary Rambles! While you’re rambling around and exploring the site enter for a chance to win:
THE ARCHIVED through December 31st here
UNSTOPPABLE through December 21st here.
SOUL CUTTER through January 4th here
MY SORT OF FAIRY TALE ENDING 3 BOOK GIVEAWAY through January 4th here
WRITEONCON IS COMING!
In case you don’t know what WriteOnCon is, it’s an online three day conference where you can meet agents, editors and authors who have lots of valuable advice to share. It was founded by our own Casey. She and the other organizers of WriteOnCon created an even more awesome conference this year.
Here’s why I think you don’t want to miss it:
1. It’s free. No, I’m not kidding. I’d love to go to one of the National SCBWI conferences to meet a lot of agents at one time, but I really can’t afford it. I love our local SCBWI chapter, but not many agents come to our conferences. So this is the best way for me to learn what a lot of awesome agents are looking for as I move closer to submitting.
2. There are lots of live chats and discussions on the forums with agents, editors, and authors. Agents participating include Michael Bourret, Mary Kole, Holly Root, Joanna Volpe, Natalie Fischer, Marietta Zacker, and Sara Megibow, Steven Malk, and many more people you’ll want to learn more about.
3. One of the things I love about the live chats is that you really get to know the agents, editors, and authors through the online conversation. And if you’re lucky, your question will be answered.
4. In the forums, there will be question and answer sessions, pitch sessions, and most likely sessions where agents give their gut reactions to submitted queries. And you can post your query for critique by participants and maybe even an agent. If they’re really interested, they may ask you to submit.
5. Don’t have time to attend all the events? There’s nothing to worry about. You can go back and read the transcripts. I know I’ll have to for some of the events because I’ll be at work. But I plan to catch whatever I can.
So what are you waiting for? Go to WriteOnCon to find out all the details.
On Wednesday, I'm doing an interview with debut author Jonathan Auxier--his birthday--and giving away a copy of his book PETER NIMBLE AND HIS FANTASTIC EYES. I wish I could enter the contest because I really want to read his book.
Next Monday, I'll be interviewing a teen in high school for my ASK THE EXPERT SERIES. And on August 22nd, I'm so excited to interview Kelley Armstrong and give away a copy of her book, THE GATHERING.
Hope to see you on Wednesday and next Monday!
Posted by Natalie Aguirre on Monday, August 08, 2011