THE CRYSTAL RIBBON through February 18th
SIREN SISTERS through February 18th
FROSTBLOOD AND SUZIE TOWNSEND QUERY CRITIQUE through Febrary 25th
THE ETHAN I WAS BEFORE through March 4th
Linda Camacho Query Critique through March 11th
Upcoming Agent Spotlights With Query Critique Giveaways:
Kristy Hunter, Wednesday, March 22nd
Let's go with...
1. After a good month or so of outlining, hearing character conversations in my head, and dreaming up first lines (I love me some first paragraph crafting), I've started writing my new novel. I *think* it will end up being upper MG. Outlining shall continue as I go...
2. Except for doctor appointments and walks around the block, I haven't been out of my house in weeks. I'm ready to suck in my baby flab, brave the world, and run some errands. TODAY. Jesse's birthday is on Monday (read: in need of present STAT) and I want some fabric for a sewing project. Hallelujah. I have serious cabin fever going on over here.
3. I'm making a point of ordering a few new books from my TBR list by tomorrow. If you'd like to weigh in and make a recommendation or two, stop by my Amazon wishlist on the side bar and scroll through my ever-growing list to see all the gems I haven't read yet.
4. After two years of begging and pleading and living in a house with dust bowls for a front and backyard, Jesse is installing SPRINKLERS tomorrow (it kept getting put off for other remodeling projects.) This alone will make 2009 a great year. Sod and landscaping are supposed to follow soon. Thank goodness - my daughter really needs some readily accessible grass to run and play on.
5. I've pretty much re-read THE FIRST FIVE PAGES and PLOT AND STRUCTURE in the last week (random chapters at a time) in conjunction with outlining. It's been really helpful. I just stopped by PJ Hoover's blog and was reminded that I also have SELF-EDITING FOR FICTION WRITERS buried around here somewhere. I think I'll make a point of locating that and perusing its chapters again as well.
Have a great weekend everyone!