SA Larsen at Writer's Ally is holding a Halloween-themed short story contest. It runs until October 29th and she has some GREAT prizes such as:
- A SIGNED copy of WE HEAR THE DEAD by author Dianne Salerni.
- A 'PIMP MY SCENE' critique by Stephen M. Giles, author of THE ADVENTURES.
- SWAG from New York Times Bestselling Author Kiersten White, author of Paranormalcy.
- FIRST FIVE PAGE critique by Terry Lynn Johnson, author of DOGSLED DREAMS.
- FIRST CHAPTER critique by Susan Kaye Quinn, author of LIFE, LIBERTY, and PURSUIT.
- A QUERY critique by the author of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, Beth Revis.
- A FIRST FIVE PAGE critique by Helen Ellis, author of THE TURNING: What Curiosity Kills.
I've also been meaning to plug Martina and Marisa over at Adventures in Children's Publishing. Their blog has grown into a fabulous resource for children's writers. I'm particularly fond of their Friday "Best Articles This Week for Writers" posts. They're extremely comprehensive and, well, amazing. If you find it hard to follow a ton of blogs, scan through this list each Friday for the best of each week.
What have you all been up to? Any blog posts or contests you want to plug? Make sure you stop back by on Wednesday. I'll be posting an interview with NIGHTSHADE CITY author Hilary Wagner.
Have a great Monday and thank you so much for all the Birthday wishes on Facebook, here, and Twitter!