Like I mentioned before, I'm not entirely sure where my writing will fall in the scheme of life once the new baby arrives, but I'm hoping I can get back into a routine within a couple months and be able to meet these goals. And now, without further ado... my public declaration of goals for 2009.
- Write new outlined book by May or June.
- Edit / Revise / Beta-read by September (hopefully.)
- Start querying in September (if manuscript is really ready.)
- NaNoWriMo 2009 through November
- Continue querying through the end of the year (unless I magically get an agent sooner.)
- Continue working on NaNo manuscript if I'm happy with it.
- Buy and read at least two or three books a month (shouldn't be a problem *grin*)
- Continue to learn about writing / publishing.
- Continue blogging regularly.
- Start doing more book reviews on my blog.
- Post either a teaser here or something for critique at AW every few months (at least.)
- Focus on overcoming weaknesses and issues found in 2008.
- Review this list every month.
I have high hopes for 09 and hope my Blogger / writer friends will stick through it with me. And speaking of, what are your goals for 2009? Feel free to post them in the comments, especially those of you that keep up with our weekly Wednesday goals!
If I go MIA on the blog front before then (please baby, please) have a safe and Happy New Year's!