- The way the movie was filmed, it came across like a TV series. I knew it had a low budget but I wasn't really expecting something so TV-esque.
- Jasper was easily the most disappointing character, in my opinion. Can we say Edward Scissorhands? Seriously.
- The special effects weren't that special. The Edward sparkle scene was extremely underwhelming and his whining about it made me cringe. The spider-monkey-in-the-tree scenes, likewise, weren't that great.
- I suppose there really wasn't a way around it, but Bella and Edward falling in love felt extremely rushed and false in the movie. It's much more natural in the books.
- The restaurant scene was disappointing. I also spaced and missed seeing Stephanie Meyer.
- Edward's room didn't feel realistic. Wouldn't someone who has lived as long as he has have some old-world memorabilia? His room just looked like any teen boy's room, minus a bed. (I know, I know - total nitpick.)
- I didn't think the girl who played Alice was a particularly good actress and Carlisle was almost too white.
- They altered and/or brushed over two of my favorite scenes in the book and completely left out another scene I thought would be in the movie. Totally broke my heart.
- Robert Pattinson as Edward - pretty darn hot. His American accent was a little wanting but overall very good. His acting was admirable, although I resisted the urge to laugh at him a few times.
- Kristen Stewart seemed very in-character and did really well, even if she does blink a lot.
- I thought the movie added some extra tension between Edward and Bella. I was skeptical at first, but after I got used to it I thought it was pretty cool.
- Except for Jasper, and a few of the minor characters, it was casted for really well.
- There were a few artistic moments in the movie that I really dug.
- The kiss scene gets a thumbs up, as does the final prom scene (except for the other couples just randomly leaving mid-song.)
- Alice snapping James' neck at the end? Nice touch.
- The movie followed the book surprisingly well.
If you've seen the movie, what are your thoughts? What do you agree and/or disagree with from my lists?